Mascara and Eye-liner: You will need ¼ quarter teaspoon of mild dishwashing soap mixed with 1 cup of warm water.
1. Remove any excess or caked-on make-up with a cloth or plastic spoon, being careful not to rub or grind the stain into the fiber.
2. Pour a small amount of cleaning solution onto a cloth, making sure it is damp, but not saturated.
3. Test a small, not noticeable area of the carpet with the cleaning solution prior to treating the stain to make sure your carpet tolerates the solution well.
4. Blot the stain with the cleaning solution using a firm lifting motion. DO NOT rub as this may drive the stain deeper into the carpet.
5. Repeat until stain is removed or no more color is lifted off on the cloth.
6. Spray the area lightly with clean water from the spray bottle to rinse.
7. Blot with a clean white cloth to remove any remaining residue.
8. Place another white cloth on the wet spot and weigh it down with a book or other heavy item.
9. Let this sit for a few hours to absorb any excess water.
10. Remove weight and towels and allow area to air-dry.
11. When area is completely dry, vacuum thoroughly to restore texture and remove any remaining residue.
Very Important Additional Information:
- Never use a cleaning solution that contains lanolin or bleach as this may damage your carpet.
- Always read and follow all care instructions and warnings provided by the carpet manufacturer.
- Rugs and carpets with natural fibers and/or certain dyes may require special treatment. Even if you have the slightest doubt, always contact a cleaning professional for advice or service.
- If you have an oriental rug or if your carpet is wool or silk, it is highly recommended that you have the stain removed professionally by Victoria Carpet Care. These types of rugs/carpeting are delicate and may not be color fast. Make sure you call one of our Carpet Care Specialists who are familiar with the type of rug/carpet you have. When in doubt as to the type of material your carpet or Oriental rug is made of, check the tag, or check with the retailer/installer for your carpet.
- Avoid walking on the carpet if it is damp. Make sure any spots you cleaned are dry before you walk on them. Did you know wet carpet fibers attract more dirt than dry?! You may end up with a bigger stain than you bargained for if you don't wait till the carpets are completely dry.
- Call Victoria Carpet Care at 250-474-7777 for a FREE evaluation on your cleaning needs or call our FREE 24 hour Consumer Awareness Message at 1-877-474-7577
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Sidney, Esquimalt and Oak Bay.
Victoria Carpet Care's goal is to become the one-stop shop for all things carpet & rug related. The other services we offer are: Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, RV and Auto Interiors, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning.