Pet Stain and Odor Removal
Pets are wonderful…of that there can be no doubt. The unconditional love pets give their owners has enduring value. The thought of going through life without one’s prize pet(s) seems unbearable.
The benefits of pet ownership are slightly offset by the sometimes-erratic behaviors and traits of individual pets. You have to take the good with the bad.
Pets do however leave their mark…
- FUR! Hair shedding and animal dander are allergens that contribute to asthmatic symptoms for many people. Pieces of pet hair firmly embed in carpets, rugs, furniture, and even draperies. It’s virtually impossible to remove it all, but professional cleaning is recommended frequently to control the fur problem.
- OILS! Pets secrete oils from their fur and feet that leave a residue on your carpets and flooring surfaces. This oily residue also penetrates deep into upholstered furniture, contributing to the accumulation of smelly, hard-to-clean soil deposits.
- SMELLY ODORS! Many pet owners do not realize that their home has an odor problem because their sense of smell becomes acclimated to the malodors over time. Guests can tell immediately if you have a pet unless you’ve been very diligent with cleaning. That’s where we come in!
- The oils from fur have a distinctive odor. Have you ever gone into someone’s home that smells like “dog” or “cat”? All pets secrete an oily residue that gets on your furnishings.
Some animals literally use carpets as a bathroom. It’s unpleasant to think about it, but it’s true. Most very young and old animals have “accidents”. The trouble is, for every time you know they defecate or urinate on the carpet, they probably are going 2-3 times! Urine is a menace to your furnishings because it destroys fibers and resists cleaning processes because of a waxy, sticky residue that is left after the moisture evaporates.
In many instances, the carpet is soaked with urine clear through to the back and pad. This is where the majority of contamination issues cause problems because it’s impossible to remove the deeply embedded deposits from the surface without professional help.
- We’ve even seen cases where a pet has wiped and dragged its butt across the carpet, leaving a trailing fecal residue. It’s very gross – but not keeping the carpet clean is even worse!
- Litter boxes are the source of strong odors. They must be changed frequently or the odor from feces and urine can be overpowering.
PET ODOR AND STAIN PROBLEM RESOLUTION
OPTION 1: EITHER GET RID OF OR DON’T OWN A PET. --- Not an option! Can you imagine NOT having your pet? Of course not!
OPTION 2: EVALUATE THE CONDITIONS. You can’t solve your pet stain problems without knowing the scope of the damage. You need a qualified professional to help you with this.
We offer an evaluation service for FREE. We use special urine detection equipment to locate the spots and ascertain how severe the damage is. We’ll tell you what we find and offer you a number of options to remedy the situation.
To solve urine problems effectively, each and every spot must be identified, and cleaned properly.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR PET STAIN AND ODOR REMOVAL
- LIGHT TO MODERATE DEPOSITS: Surface cleaning. For light to moderate urine contamination where the backing and padding has not been saturated, a surface cleaning process is acceptable.
- We pre-spray all the spots & stains with special urine pre-conditioner to dissolve the urine solids.
- We then scrub the affected areas with a dry foam machine including a triple-action anti-bacterial disinfectant deodorizer.
- Because pets track their urine messes onto other areas of the carpets, we think that it’s a good idea to disinfect the whole carpet!
- We next apply a non-toxic protective finish to make your carpets more resistive to staining and soiling in the future and give you an opportunity to clean up yourself more effectively. This is an important consideration for those with animals who may be apt to repeat their “accidents”.
- MODERATE TO HEAVY CONTAMINATION: Once the carpet and pad are contaminated with urine, you have 3 options
- Sub-Surface Extraction. 80-90% Successful
- From the top side of the carpet we pour a special cleaning solution on the urine spots, liquefying the urine deposits deep into the padding and backing.
- Next we utilize a powerful deep-extraction tool to remove the cleaning products and urine deposits.
- Finally we clean and sanitize the rest of the carpets as usual.
- Guaranteed Odor Removal -- 99.99% Successful:
- Pull up the carpet and replace contaminated padding
- Seal the floor; clean the back side of the carpet, let dry.
- We clean and deodorize the back side of the carpet where the stain has leaked through.
- Next, we clean the top side and deodorize, followed by re-installation.
- Costs are generally ½ to 2/3 the cost of replacement with a quality carpet.
- Replacement -- 100% Successful. If replacement is your choice, you must thoroughly clean the sub-floor and disinfect/seal it properly.
- TRY DOING IT YOURSELF?
- Sub-Surface Extraction. 80-90% Successful
Cleaning up pet accidents is no fun. It’s advised to call a professional such as Victoria CARPET CARE to deal with pet accidents. It’s better to use paper towels to absorb, and scoop up the solids with a spoon…as much as possible then call us for further advice. Call 250-474-7777 for further information.