1) Use cleaning products made from safe natural and not-toxic ingredients to prevent exposure to the hazardous synthetic chemicals conventional cleaners contain.
2) Dust with a damp cloth to ensure that household dust, which collects toxins, is removed from surfaces and not stirred back into the air.
3) Open windows and doors occasionally (even in winter!) to rinse out any air pollutants that have accumulated inside.
4) Don’t use aerosol products. They fill your home with microscopic droplets of whatever is being sprayed. These droplets remain suspended in the air for hours and are easily inhaled.
5) Avoid room deodorizers or other air “freshening” products, which are frequently made from unhealthy chemicals.
6) Don’t use any pesticide products in your home, your yard or garden, or on your pets. Instead, supplement a preventative strategy with natural pest control methods.
7) If you decide to use them, keep conventional cleaners and other chemical products out of your children’s rooms.
8) Use chlorine-free dishwasher detergent. The chlorine in conventional detergents is easily vaporized by hot dishwasher water and then released into your home’s air.
9) Ask guests to remove their shoes when entering your home. That way, they won’t track in pollutants.
10) Buy a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. These special filters trap unhealthy dust particles.
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, RV and Auto Interiors, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Call Victoria Carpet Care at 250-474-7777 for a FREE Evaluation on your cleaning needs or call our FREE 24 hour Consumer Awareness Message at 1-877-474-7577