When it comes to spilled coffee, time is of the essence, the sooner you can treat these spills, the less likely that there will be a stain.
- For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
- Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
- Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
- Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
- Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
- If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
- Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
- Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
- Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
- If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
- Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
- If stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to service these areas: Victoria, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, Oak Bay, Metchosin, View Royal, Highlands, Esquimalt, Westshore
Is Your Carpet Crying Out For Help?
FACT 1: Each day I pull pounds and pounds of sandy soil out of the base of your neighbors’ carpets. It is in yours too! Spread the yarns apart and look deep. This sand is scratching and dulling your carpet. It is grinding your expensive yarns down into those worthless fibers that fill up your vacuum bag. Every moment you wait, your carpet wears out faster!
FACT 2: While you are down there, how do the traffic lanes feel? Oily residues from the street and air are drying to the carpet. Slightly sticky, they grab dirt and lock it on. Through a process called ‘oxidation’ soils bond with the carpet, causing color change, and becoming permanently attached. If you wait too long, you are throwing away the key to unlocking dirt and oil from traffic lanes. Clean before traffic-lanes show up! The longer you wait between cleaning the more soil becomes permanent.
FACT 3: Is the air starting to smell stale? Great News!
Pollutants in the air filter through your carpet. The carpet traps them so you don’t breathe them over and over. But what happens when that trap gets full? Your family starts breathing dust mite debris, pollens, pollutants, fungus, spores, bacteria and a long list of other really gross stuff. Once your carpets natural filtering ability gets full, it is time for a thorough cleaning for your health‘s sake. Clean every six months and you will breathe easier.
The fact is, clean your carpets frequently, when traffic lanes first start to appear, and they will last longer, look better, and protect your family’s health
Call today: 250-474-7777