1. Vacuum frequently and thoroughly. Dirt is the number one cause of wear and tear to your carpet. Be sure that you are vacuuming thoroughly at least once per week to keep the dry soils to a minimum and maximize the life of your carpet.
2. Clean up spots and spills swiftly and properly. To properly remove a spot use a clean absorbent towel (preferably a white one to avoid color transfer) and hot tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a mild detergent – just make sure the detergent does not contain bleaching agents. Next, alternate blotting and spraying the area, DO NOT over wet the spot. You can even place a dry absorbent towel under something heavy like a book to completely remove the moisture from the carpet. Most spots can be removed if they are caught early. Of course the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye, (i.e. red juice) or a bleaching agent then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never scrub or rub spots. The correct method to remove a spill is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then blot with a white towel or cloth. Scrubbing or rubbing the spot will fray the carpet fibers and permanently damage the area.
4. Do not overuse carpet detergents, shampoos or spotters. Some people are addicted to their carpet spotters, but too much detergent in the carpet will result in a dirt attracting residue that will make your carpet appear dirty faster.
5. Clean your carpets professionally every 6-12 months. Carpet manufactures recommend cleaning your carpets professionally with van mounted steam cleaning. By cleaning every 6-12 months you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner home.
6. Re-apply “Carpet Protector” every other cleaning. Carpet protector “seals” the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most household stains. It also makes your vacuuming more efficient. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 30-35% with each cleaning. But, by re-applying at least every other cleaning you will continue to protect your carpet from stains and everyday wear and tear, giving your carpet the longest life possible.
VICTORIA CARPET CARE'S 100% NO-RISK GUARANTEE
We want you to be super-pleased – in fact, absolutely delighted – with every carpet and upholstery job we do. So every job comes with our iron-clad, risk-free guarantee. What does this mean? Simply this: if you aren’t happy with our work, we’ll re-clean the area for free. And if you still aren’t pleased, you pay nothing. Not one cent. Many companies don’t guarantee their work – but we feel nothing is more important than your complete and total satisfaction. We stand behind every job 100%. If you ever have any questions or concerns about our work, please call us right away.
To Schedule a FREE Cleaning Evaluation for Your Upholstery call Victoria Carpet Care today at 250-474-7777
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning