• Have people remove their shoes. Post a polite sign on the door if you have to. This is one of the biggest ways you can start saving your carpet today!
• Vacuum frequently. Your frequency will depend on the level of foot traffic and amount of people and pets in your home. But you can NEVER vacuum too much.
• Keep pet accidents to a minimum. NOTHING ruins carpets faster than urine. Do whatever you have to do to keep the accidents off the carpet.
• Clean spots and spills immediately. But DON’T use any of the do it yourself “carpet cleaning” products you see advertised on the TV. These products are the fastest way to a big, dirt attracting, sticky residue spot. Simply use very hot tap water with some mild detergent (no bleach agents) and clean, white, dry rags. Soak and blot. Never rub.
• Get your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months. NOTHING extends the life of your carpet like this step. Even dirt you cannot see can be deep inside the carpets breaking down and wearing the fibers. It’s the only way to prevent permanent traffic lanes and wear patterns. Remember this rule of thumb: Clean before your carpet LOOKS dirty to prevent wear and tear – it’s time not dirt that you should judge by.
• Get your carpet professionally protected at least every other cleaning. The factory finish is removed with wear and cleanings. This finish is a protective barrier between your carpet and soils, oils, stains and general wear and tear. Ignoring this step will shorten the life span of your carpet considerably.
Carpet can last a very long time when it is properly maintained and cared for. I’ve seen carpets that were 20 years old that looked brand new because they were well cared for! On the other hand I’ve seen relatively new carpet that looked 20 years old because no one was caring for it properly.
Call Victoria Carpet Care today at 250-474-7777 for your FREE Carpet Evaluation or call our FREE 24 hour Consumer Awareness Message at 1-877-474-7577
VICTORIA CARPET CARE'S 100% NO-RISK GUARANTEE
We want you to be super-pleased – in fact, absolutely delighted – with every carpet and upholstery job we do. So every job comes with our iron-clad, risk-free guarantee. What does this mean? Simply this: if you aren’t happy with our work, we’ll re-clean the area for free. And if you still aren’t pleased, you pay nothing. Not one cent. Many companies don’t guarantee their work – but we feel nothing is more important than your complete and total satisfaction. We stand behind every job 100%. If you ever have any questions or concerns about our work, please call us right away.
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide both Residential and Business Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Sidney, Esquimalt and Oak Bay.
That's right... Sidney to Victoria!